Sunday, March 10, 2013

Burlap-but-not Clutch

Hola crafters, how's your weekend so far?

Today I would like so share my own party clutch. I've been obsessed with burlap since I found out how versatile it is. Not to mention I found this type of burlap that's very soft and smooth. I decided to combine this burlap with my fav Sea Garden Summer fabric from Cosmo Cricket. The size of this clutch is approx 27x17 cm. It's big enough for your wallet, mobile phone and some simple cosmetics. I also attached a strap so I can just hang it on my wrist. 



The design of this clutch is not very original. I used the flap pattern from Amy Butler's Style Stitches book. I add the width of the flap aroun 7 cm from the original. As for the lining, I used a cream cotton fabric and medium fusible interfacing for the flap and the burlap.






So yeah, basically if you found me at any party, you'll see me with this burlap clutch. Who says burlap can't go to party? 


Lino


No comments:

Post a Comment