Sunday, January 13, 2013

Break Time: Making Cards

Hello, Fili here :D

It's been a while since my last post here

The idea came when we took a little break after our first participation in a bazaar. I talked about how interesting would be to make a card *yes, it's my first time making a card* and then Lino said "why don't we make it now?" then we grin at each other. After that Lino brought some of her scrapbooking tools and this wonderful book


Because we had to list some of our items at our etsy shop, Lino had to do a photo session first. While I waited for her, I read the book to search for a reference and chose papers for my card. Choosing a paper was the hardest thing to do. I kept on distracted by one after another CUTE pattern papers and it surely made me confused. In the end, with some considerations, I choose the one with nature theme in it. After Lino finished the photo session, we gathered all the tools and decided the design. I made a card based on an example on the book while Lino made a card based on her own original design. Isn't it cool? XD




Lino recycled an unused paper as part of her card too (Lino: It's actually an article about military expenditure in China, one of her old reading materials in uni). She taught me various things about card making and she was really patient towards my carelessness during the process. My skill is still poor at colouring so there was uneven colours here and there.

And this is the result!
(Lino: A great job for a first timer!! Really. You all should see my first card. It's... awful)




That's it, making card is very fun! I hope I can make more of it and increase my skill next time :)


See you later,

Fili&Lino

No comments:

Post a Comment